Seesaw for Parents
Preparation and Setup
- Seesaw will be used to communicate with the pupils while they are not at school. Teachers will use the app/website to direct children to physical materials contained in packs or post work on the digital classroom as appropriate.
- Parental consent is an essential prerequisite to gaining access to Seesaw. Please click on the link and complete the parental consent form.
- Login details will be provided ONLY to those who have completed the parental consent form.
- You can download the Seesaw class app from your device’s app store or you can access the online class using your web browser. To gain access via a web browser (e.g. Google Chrome), visit https://web.seesaw.me/
- You will receive a step by step setup guide along with your child’s login details which will help you with the initial setup.
- Guidance on schoolwork will be posted weekly by the teachers.
- As your child’s class starts using Seesaw, the work stemming from this will be limited to allow everyone some time to learn how to use Seesaw.
- DON’T worry if it all goes wrong, won’t load, or you don’t know how to do something. There will be no pressure from school to complete anything – do what you can.
- Feel free to try things and explore using the app.
- Parents/family members should continue to support their child with the completion of work and mark it if required.
- Some Seesaw tasks will give the option to upload evidence of your child’s work. This is entirely optional. Many tasks will be offline activities that can be completed in a physical workbook.