Key Worker Childcare Support
Moyallon Primary School once again stands ready to support our school community in this critical time of the COVID-19 pandemic. Childcare will be available for pupils whose parents are key workers in line with the Department of Education definitions detailed below.
As a school, we recognise that the safest place for your child will be at home in such critical times of the COVID-19 pandemic. We strongly urge parents to only make use of childcare at school as a last resort. Parents should exhaust all other childcare options before applying to send your child to school for childcare.
Please also note that there will be no educational advantage to any pupil who attends childcare at school. Pupils in attendance will complete work from their Home Learning Pack under the supervision of school staff.
Key points to note:
- Pupils can be dropped off at 8:30-9:00am and collected at 2:00-2:10pm
- School dinners are available on request however we would recommend sending your child with their own packed lunch
- Pupils should bring their Home Learning Pack with them each day they attend the childcare
- Pupils can bring their own device such as an iPad (not a phone) to the childcare for free time
- Pupils should come with a coat as extended outdoor play will be a part of the daily routine weather permitting
Department of Education Definition of a Key Worker (Jan 21)
(Please note that if one parent meets this definition then the child can attend school)
- Health and Social Care. This includes doctors, nurses, midwives, paramedics, social workers, home carers and staff required to maintain our health and social care sector;
- Education and childcare. This includes pre-school and teaching staff, social workers and those specialist education professionals who will remain active during the Covid-19 response;
- Public safety and national security. This includes civilians and officers in the police (including key contractors), Fire and Rescue Service, prison service and other national security roles;
- Transport. This will include those keeping air, water, road and rail transport modes operating during the Covid-19 response;
- Utilities, and Communication. This includes staff needed for oil, gas, electricity and water (including sewage) and primary industry supplies to continue during the Covid-19 response, as well as key staff in telecommunications, post and delivery, banking and waste disposal;
- Financial Services - This includes staff needed for essential financial services provision (including but not limited to workers in banks, building societies and financial market infrastructure);
- Food and other necessary goods. This includes those involved in food production, processing, distribution and sale, as well as those essential to the provision of other key goods (e.g. hygiene, medical, etc.);
- Retail. This includes those workers who have been working throughout the pandemic in food retail, for example, and will now extend to those working in other retail businesses permitted to operate by the Executive from June 2020;
- Other workers essential to delivering key public services such as the National Crime Agency; and
- Key national and local government including those administrative occupations essential to the effective delivery of the Covid-19 response.
Click on the link below to access the Key Worker Childcare Support application form
- An application for a childcare place must be made on a weekly basis.
- The link will be live between 9:00am Friday and 8:00pm Sunday.
- You do not need to await confirmation from Mr Davidson if you have already received an application approved for child care in this school year.
- If you require an urgent request for childcare, please contact Mr Davidson on: 028 38 831649 OR firstname.lastname@example.org